“I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.”

Jeremiah 10:23-24


But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves are green, and they never stop producing fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

SOS Kindergarten and Creche




Okay, so I've been volunteering at the SOS Children's Village Kindergarten and Creche (pre-school) for 2 weeks now and I'm really enjoying it!! I am there on Monday and Wednesday mornings from 9 - 12. For the most part I am just assisting the teachers with the activities, however, twice I've been able to work one on one with a several kids who are behind and I loved it! I hope to do more of this as the teachers have their hands full just getting the whole class through each lesson and don't have much time for one on one time. I have also been able to read books to them on two occasions. It's a challenge keeping up with the energy of these 3-6 year olds! Plus many of the kids have been through so much in their young lives. The teacher was telling me one of the kids has been living at the Village (meaning he was orphaned or abandoned) since he was 6 months old and last year his SOS Mom retired, so he has already lost 2 moms and he is now only 4! The kids attend for 3 years so there is a class for each year and I have visited the two older classes. Above are pictures of a couple of the kids in the classes. I'll keep you updated with more stories and pics as time goes by. Please pray for these kids!

1 comment:

Dave and Beth Saavedra said...

Such beautiful faces! What a blessing to be able to spend time with these precious children!