“I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.”

Jeremiah 10:23-24


But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves are green, and they never stop producing fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Monday, October 22, 2007

Christine Revell!!!!

So today was my first day volunteering at Christine Revell Children's Home and I loved it!! I will be volunteering there on Monday and Wednesday mornings and will continue to volunteer at the SOS Kindergarten on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Christine Revell only has kids from ages 0-5yrs old, then they go to foster homes or another orphanage. They split the kids into 3 age groups, 0-18mos, 18-24mos and 2-5yrs and you have to pick one group to volunteer with. So I picked the 0-18mos group since I work with 3-6yr olds at SOS. So mainly we just play with the kids, try to give them stimulation to help them develop, etc. I really love babies so I loved it today. There are 11 kids at the crawling stage and then 4 infants. The days are fairly structured, so from 9-10am we are just playing/working with the kids, then at 10 they get their diapers (nappies) changed, then we feed them at 11am, then they pretty much all go down for a nap until 2pm. I haven't taken any pics yet but when I do I'll be sure to share a few with you...rest assured all the kids are adorable!!!!

No comments: