“I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.”

Jeremiah 10:23-24


But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves are green, and they never stop producing fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My new flat!!!

I'm finally in my new flat!!! It's a 2-bedroom in a new complex in the suburb of Parklands. I have the place to myself until Nov 28th, when my buddy, Rita Usher arrives to share the place with me. She is also committed to be here for two years. So here are some pics... This is the apartment building, my flat is the one of the first floor right in front of the car pictured....

Here's the living room...I'm still hoping to get a rug for the floor and need to get stuff put up on the walls. Its nice tile floor throughout except for the bedrooms which are carpeted...Here's the kitchen, unlike the States, I had to buy the fridge (not pictured) and microwave...
Here is the bathroom...there's also a tiled stand-up shower in the corner....

And this is my bedroom, kinda small but it's got built-in closets that are nice, and I'm used to living in a small space. Its been so nice getting it all organized and I love having my own space instead of sharing with ten 19-22 yr olds!!!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Looks cool!

I'm continuing to enjoy the updates! : )

How can I be praying???

losparsons said...

Hey B!
So, love the new digs... glad to hear, too, that Ms. Usher is alive and well... tell her I think of her and pray for her. It sounds like you are doing really well and that makes me happy. I know you are a joy for others...
Bless you this day!