“I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.”

Jeremiah 10:23-24


But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves are green, and they never stop producing fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Friday, November 16, 2007

Goodbye Caro!!

Ok, so I've been slow in updating my blog lately, and Caro(lin) actually left a couple weeks ago, Oct 29th to be exact, but here's my homage to Caro. She started out on the International Volunteer team in August 2006, but then in January 2007, she joined the Khanya Lifeskills team, so when I got here she was no longer in the house, but the volunteers spent a decent amount of time with the Khanya team, so I got to know her a bit. I've talked about Khanya before, its a dance and drama team that is together for a year doing programs in various middle and high schools. So Caro was on the team this year as the only female and the only international member, the others 3 members were male and native South Africans. So it was quite an adjustment for Caro living with these guys and being submerged in their culture - quite a change from the volunteer house! But Caro handled it all with a smile and great attitude. She's probably one of the most positive people I've met! Always a complete joy to be around! She'll always have a special place in my heart because of how kind and gracious she was to me when I was struggling at the infamous "Kylemore hike" my first weekend here. She hardly knew me and I was a complete mess, but she was so sweet and gentle with me in my fragile state! It was also cool to watch her change over the course of the year, she seemed kind of quiet and reserved at first, but by the end, she was outspoken and strong and very capable of standing up for herself around those 3 guys! She's really quite a phenomenal woman! She'll be missed here in South Africa! Love ya, Caro!!

1 comment:

Michael said...

I don't know what you think God is but my understanding is that "God" is one of the most evil concepts to come out of the middle east ..brutal, cruel, filled with murder, vengeance and all the typical hallmarks of a good stoning .. I think you need to stop cherry picking your dreamy ideas and realize that the goodness that you feel comes from your heart not "Gods". When we stop leaning on God then "God" will no longer be an excuse in the world for treachery and murder. Wake up from your sleep and see the whole picture. Your arrogance is astounding. I love what your doing. I love what the church is doing but will be forever in war and corruption until people hold themselves responsible and stop using this cherry picked idea of "GOD" I am so sick of it I can hardly stand it .. you are part of the larger problem contributing to death and war throughout the world by your support of this stupid idea.