“I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.”

Jeremiah 10:23-24


But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves are green, and they never stop producing fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Goodbye Gabe (Gabrielle)!!

So Gabe, well, I called her Gabe because that's what she calls herself back home in the US and that's how I knew her before she came; then she gets here and we have a male vol named Gabe as well, so we were supposed to call her "Gabrielle", but I could never quite get there, so she's always Gabe to me......she was here less than 3 months, but its amazing how quickly you can get attached to people!! She left on March 22nd and is sorely missed! You can tell by her pics that she's high energy and lots of fun! She has such a passion for the kids! She took part in the Hospital programme with the Kangaroo Moms and kids in the pediatric ward. She also volunteered at the Ubuntu House, where infants awaiting adoption are cared for. Then she was also part of the team at the SOS Childrens Village. She was so much fun, had a great sense of humor, but then she also has great depth, I will miss conversations with her!! She's just an awesome woman of God!

Love and miss you much, Gabe!

No comments: