“I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.”

Jeremiah 10:23-24


But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves are green, and they never stop producing fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Goodbye Amy!!

Amy, Amy, Amy...what can I say about Amy? Well, for starters I just have to say that I love this girl so much!! We got to be really close friends, even though we weren't able to hang out that much. We had great conversations and were able to share our hearts with each other, which is so amazing considering the small amount of time we've known each other! I would also say she has a such a huge heart! I don't know how many times she said to me "that just breaks my heart" when talking about somebody else's situation; she really could feel deeply for other people's pain, an amazing gift! She also loved the kids so much! There were a couple kids at the SOS Village that I know a part of her wanted to take home with her! I know she intends to keep in touch with them as best she can. I'm sure they will never forget her!
She was always such a joy to be around, do you see that great big smile on her face in these pics? Yeah, that was pretty much always there! Great sense of humor and I loved how she would just break out in song! KT Tunstall's "Big Black Horse and a Cherry Tree" will always remind me of her....which reminds me I need to download it from Itunes! Anyway, Amy will be so missed! She teased me with saying she would come back to SA either this summer or next, so I pray that we will meet up again! Love you, miss you much, Ames!! Its not the same without you!!

No comments: