“I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.”

Jeremiah 10:23-24


But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves are green, and they never stop producing fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Saturday, September 13, 2008

American Style!!

So here's a picture of an actual vendor at Canal Walk, the biggest mall in Cape Town - American Corn Dogs!! And they're so good and they remind me of the State Fair every time I have one! Not because I get corn dogs at the State Fair - cheesecake on a stick is more likely to grab my attention - but because I know there's the State Fair brand corn dogs...and so it makes me nostalgic! I also had taken a picture of the packaging touting "American-style chocolate chip cookies" and "American-style caramel corn" but I must have accidentally deleted them....its makes me laugh every time I see them!! It seems so funny to see packaging like that in Africa!! And they're both also very good, btw, gotta love American-style!! =:)

No comments: