“I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.”

Jeremiah 10:23-24


But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves are green, and they never stop producing fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Goodbye Gabe!!

All I can say about Gabe is he's an original! He does not fit into any box you could come up with for a guy from the US, Georgia, in particular. He has no plans to go to college. Brags about how he can't cook, how he can live off a few bucks a week for food - he ate more pizza here in Cape Town than I thought was possible. He had no desire to see any of the sites in Cape Town -one of the most beautiful cities in the world! He's perfectly happy to sit in front of his computer for hours playing his Star Wars game - or sitting on the ledge on the front of the house playing his guitar. And though he hates 80's music (which I love!), he scores huge points for liking Janis Joplin and classic rock! On a serious note, Gabe worked in our project at Vissershok Primary School and at SOS Children's Village, and when many of the vols left and it was just him and Jana, he really stepped up to the plate and took the lead...much to our suprise!!! The teens at SOS will really miss him! I had lots of fun reminiscing about old TV show theme songs with Gabe...our favorite to annoy fellow vols with....sing it with me, Gabe, sing it loud.... "Green Acres is the place to be....Farm livin is the life for me!...."

No comments: