“I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.”

Jeremiah 10:23-24


But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves are green, and they never stop producing fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Saturday, April 11, 2009

February- saying goodbye to SOS, Germany & Chicago!

In February I had to say good bye to the kids at the SOS Children's Village - it was soooo hard!! I love these kids so much! Above is my friend Sarah, she's beautiful, sweet, smart and giving. I miss her immensely and hope I will be able to stay in touch...below are some of the kids posing by my car as I was getting ready to leave...neither of us really wanted me to go though!!
When I left Cape Town I flew to Germany where I toured around for a week visiting past volunteers who are all now good friends....a lot of fabulous reunions...first pic, me, Bao-Nhi, Feli and Edith in front of the dom in Cologne...Then here's me with Nina, Isabel and Caro at Nina's house in Schwabisch Hall...
Then, here's Theres, Birgit and Isabel posing with the giant teddy in front of a teddy bear store...And finally here's Steffi, Jessi and me goofing around while out shopping - gorgeous, eh?!


Then I flew into Chicago and stayed a few days with another past volunteer, Amy. And was joined by Gabe, Charlotte (visiting from Norway!) KT, here in this pic along with me and Amy. Lots of craziness and laughter!!

We had to show Charlotte the city, so here's a pic we took at what KT called "the bean" - I forget what the official name of it is, but I love the reflection of the city in it - too cool!! It was a really fabulous time! Then finally, I took the Amtrak back to Iowa and was greeted by my parents and my sister and her family! It was so great to see everyone!!

No comments: