“I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.”

Jeremiah 10:23-24


But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves are green, and they never stop producing fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

January - Youth Week & Botswana

In January YFC South Africa always has a youth camp called Youth Week from the 3-9th. Usually most of the Cape Town YFC International Volunteers go. Everyone said how much fun it was so I decided I needed to check it out. We chartered a bus to take everyone from Cape Town, about 50, and the trip took 20 hours! It was pretty fun, though much of the time I felt pretty old...yea, obviously I've left my youth behind a lllloooonnnngggg time ago! =:) It was a lot of sports and a lot of worship followed by a speaker, twice a day...overall I had a good time... Then I got on the bus with the YFC group from Botswana and went back with them. Gabarone, the capitol of Botswana is only about 4 hours from Johannesburg so it was a much shorter ride than the ride back to Cape Town!Here is a picture of the YFC office in Mochudi, Botswana. This is where the bulk of YFC's ministry takes place in Botswana. Its about an hour from the capitol city. I also got to meet all the international volunteers currently in Botswana, this is a pic of them.Most importantly, I got to visit the Orphan day care YFC runs in Mochudi. My main task when I get back to Botswana is to get another one of these started in another area of Botswana. It will be a whole new challenge for me! It was a great visit...then I flew back to Cape Town to start saying good bye... =:(

No comments: