“I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.”

Jeremiah 10:23-24


But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves are green, and they never stop producing fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Monday, February 11, 2008

Back in SA!!! Sorry for the delay in posts!!!!

Hello all my friends and how are you today?! (This is a variation of the greeting I get from all the kids at SOS Kindergarten each day I'm there...."Good morning, Auntie Bobbi and all my friends, and how are you today?!" They all say it in unison! Its so cute!! I missed it while I was gone!)

So I've been back in South Africa for a month now and I apologize that I'm just now getting around to putting in a post, but its been kinda hectic!! I know, excuses, excuses!! I had a fabulous time with my parents and niece, Nicole, while they were here, Jan 11 - 21st. We went to all the sites and had a blast! I'll upload some pics to my WalMart photo site soon, so check back!

Since they left I've been trying to get back into the routine at the projects and at the office. I've been back to the SOS KG and Christine Revell Children's Home for three weeks now. I really missed the kids so its great to be back! Today when I was at Christine Revell I held one of the infants for at least an hour and I loved it!! I soooooo love babies! Her name is Benni and she was born 3 months premature and was in the hospital for several months and has now been at CR for a couple weeks. She's so precious, she's 14 weeks old now, but given that she was 3 mos premature, its like she's really only 2 weeks old and that's about how big she is! But I loved holding her, she was so good, hardly cried at all, but she's got a bit of a cold, kept sneezing....say a little prayer for her, being a preemie, I think it will be harder for her to get over illnesses....

In other news, I had to move out of my flat before I left for the US as the apt had been sold and the new owner wanted to raise the rent, deposit, and make us sign a longer lease, to which we (Rita and I) said "no thanks!", so we had to move out! Rita then decided to move to one of our new projects, an hour outside Cape Town, so I had to find a place on my own! After much searching and anxiety, God lead me to the perfect place!!! Its a "granny flat" which means its a part of someones house, not part of a complex. The owners live in the other part of the house. Its a very cute place, good size, lots of closets....I love it! I'll try to post some pics soon! Its close to the volunteer house, the office and my church - Assembly of God, Table View. I've been mostly just attending this church the last few months and now I've joined a "Life Group", their name for small group Bible study and I've begun a class titled "Renewing your mind" so I'm starting to make connections there and it feels soooooo good! I've missed my small groups back home, so its nice to get into it here! It makes me feel more rooted here, which is nice. I've been thinking lately about what I will do next year, or more accurately, I've been wondering where God will lead me next year... back to the States? stay in Cape Town? go somewhere else in South Africa? another country? I'm really not sure so I'd appreciate your prayers for God's guidance! I hope all is going well for you back home!

Love and blessings to you all!!!

2 comments:

Michele said...

The greeting makes me laugh...here in Liberia, they say 'How da body?' and you respond by saying 'Fine-o'. They had 'o' to the end of a lot of words! Glad you found a place and found a small group. It's hard to stay connected in a foreign country. Michele

losparsons said...

Hey Bee-Bop,
thanks for commenting on my blog. Actually writing is a huge dream of mine and I've been starting to really pray about how to make that become a true reality. I am glad you are still enjoying where God has you and I will for sure be praying alongside you for direction. I'm already praying for direction and I've only been here 7 months! You're awesome and a blessing.