“I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.”

Jeremiah 10:23-24


But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves are green, and they never stop producing fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

URGENT PRAYER REQUEST FOR JOANEN!!!

I have an urgent prayer request for one of the little guys from the SOS Children's Village, Joanen. He has fallen very ill and has been in the hospital since last Saturday. The doctors do not know what is wrong with him, and I really haven't gotten a very clear picture. I just know he slept all of last Friday, they took him to the doctor on Saturday and they immediately admitted him and began running tests and so far have not come to any conclusions. He is in critical condition and apparently doesn't recognize anyone, he just lays there almost lifeless. They have done CT scans and everything, but have come up empty. Please pray for him!

I've talked about him before in one of my prayer letters. He was found wandering the streets last year as his families shack had burnt down and his mother was no where to be found. He came to the village last May I believe. He is 8 years old, but is still in the Kindergarten class! The teachers suspect he has suffered from Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. He has very little attention span, but has tons of energy, a ready smile and always a big hug for "Auntie Bobbi" every time I come to the KG! I love this little guy so much and it breaks my heart to think of him lying sick in the hospital! Here are a couple pics of him so you can put a face to your prayers.

I will keep you informed of his condition.....

No comments: