“I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.”

Jeremiah 10:23-24


But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves are green, and they never stop producing fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Say it isn't so!!! Jana's leaving!!!

Oh my word!! I can't believe my little Jana is leaving!! She's been here since August of last year and I told her she couldn't leave until I did, but alas, she left last Tuesday to go back to Germany! And worst of all, I screwed up my alarm clock and so it didn't go off and I missed saying goodbye to her at the airport! Ah, such a sad day!! Jana was part of the volunteer team that went to the Karl Bremer Hospital and did a program with the Kangaroo Mums and visited the kids in the pediatric ward. She also was part of the team at the SOS Children's Village. Jana was only 17 when she got here and I was amazed at her maturity and how well she adjusted to the culture here. Her English was not too good when she got here either, but within weeks she was speaking it fairly well. One of my favorite things about Jana is how excited she would get about learning new words or phrases! She'd say them over and over and they always sounded so much better with her accent! Jana had such a great vibe to her, she loved hip-hop dance and music so she always had a little groove going, but at the same time, she was so sweet, positive and happy most all the time - just a ray of sunshine!! I told her our world here would be a little less bright when she left and, yeah, its true.....miss you much Jana!!! Come back!!!!!

No comments: