“I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.”

Jeremiah 10:23-24


But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves are green, and they never stop producing fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Zambia and Victoria Falls!!!






Oh, my friends, I am one of the most fortunate people on Earth!!! Earlier this month I went up to Zambia to meet one of our former volunteers to see the place she volunteered 2 years ago and then we went to see Victoria Falls - one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World!!! It was sooooooo awesome, incredible, beyond words!!! The pics just don't do it justice, but I will post them anyway!! First, here's a pic from the school we visited....when we left as many kids as possible piled into the back of the bakkie (truck for you Americans!) for a ride home!! Then here's a pic from the orphanage we visited, and my friend Isabel and the German couple we stayed with (she fed us very well!!! YUM!). Then some pics of the falls....like I said they don't do it justice!!! They call it the "smoke that thunders" because there's so much spray from the falls that its LOUD!! And as you can see, we're soaked! In certain parts you couldn't even see that well because there was so much spray from the falls, but it was so awesome, we really didn't want to leave!!!!

No comments: