“I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.”

Jeremiah 10:23-24


But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves are green, and they never stop producing fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Friday, August 17, 2007

Goodbye Anna!!

On August 14th we said goodbye to Anna. She is from Oregon and had been here in Cape Town for 2 1/2 months and we will miss her immensely!! That's one of the amazing things about this program is how quickly you can build relationships with people! I was always amazed by Anna's passion, energy, openness, bubbliness, and just her willingness to try anything! Sometimes I was so envious of her ability to always know what to say and to always be so witty! She also loved to dance and she would break into a little jig at most anytime - so much fun! She was even game enough to sing a song karaoke for her first time on my birthday!! Thanks for everything you gave to the program and to me personally, Anna! God bless your life!!

No comments: