“I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.”

Jeremiah 10:23-24


But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves are green, and they never stop producing fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Happy Birthday!! Karaoke style!!


So my 38th birthday was on July 18th and it was such a good day!! It was a Wednesday, so I went to the SOS Children's Village Kindergarten as usual and the kids sang "Happy Birthday" to me, in English and in Afrikaans! Then in the office they had not one, but two cakes for me!! Yum! Then I got home and the girls had baked another cake for me!! Wow, I've never had so much cake in one day!! Then the best part, they took me out to a pub doing karaoke!!! I love karaoke so much and had been dropping hints about it for awhile, but no one seemed too interested. But they blindfolded me and drove me there as a surprise. It was sooo much fun! I sang two songs on my own, then all us girls got up and sang "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!" and then the two guys in our group got up and sang "I'm Too Sexy!", it was hilarious! Then one of the other volunteers, Anna, got up and did her first karaoke solo, she did great, it was so much fun! Here's a pic of us girls singing at the top of our lungs!!

No comments: