“I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.”

Jeremiah 10:23-24


But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves are green, and they never stop producing fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Goodbye Jonny!!

So on July 30th we said goodbye to Jonny, as he went back home to England. He has been here in Cape Town since early January. He's the last person to leave that was here when I got here, so I was very sad to see him go!! He's an amazing young man and I can't believe how well he handled being the only male volunteer in a house full of women!! He obviously hung out with Denzel, our project manager, a lot, but for the most part he was the only guy and he handled it like a champ! He's very funny, energetic, adventurous and easy-going! All the kids LOVED Jonny! Whenever we went to the SOS Village the kids were always yelling his name and climbing all over him! My fondest memories of Jonny are from our Namibia trip and from the notorious (to me!) Kylemore hike, where Jonny literally dragged me up the mountain!! I truly would not have made if not for his help!! "Thanks Jonny!"

It was always tough to get a serious pic of Jonny, so the first pic is vintage Jonny, then the second is the two of us at the Cuban restaurant the night before he left. I know God has great plans for you, Jonny! I will miss you lots and I hope we meet again!!

No comments: