“I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.”

Jeremiah 10:23-24


But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves are green, and they never stop producing fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Monday, May 26, 2008

Goodbye Debby!!

Ok, so the goodbyes are hot and heavy now, we've said goodbye to 10 vols in the span of 2 weeks, so bear with me....there will be a lot of posts!!! So Debby got here last year in Sept and was my roommate for all of a week I think before I moved out to my first apt, but I remember thinking she was the sweetest thing! And after 7 months, my feelings haven't changed! She is so sweet! And passionate about God and the kids of Africa! She spent her first 3 months in Cape Town at the Blouberg house, then in January went to Youth Week and Training in Magaliesburg (close to Joburg) and when she came back to Cape Town she moved to the Kylemore house, about an hour from Cape Town. So I didn't see her a lot the last 3 months, but still she made me smile every time I did see her! Our talks were always serious and deep, which I loved! She really has great depth for only being 20 years old!! She wants to be a teacher and from what I can see, I think she will make an incredible teacher....her kids will be lucky to have a teacher like her! Here's a pic of her with just a couple of the kids she impacted!

No comments: