“I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.”

Jeremiah 10:23-24


But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves are green, and they never stop producing fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Monday, May 26, 2008

Goodbye Theres!!!

Theres!! I miss this girl a lot!!! She always had a smile and hug for me when I saw her. She has a huge heart for kids. When she first got here, she taught life skills to the 6th graders at Vissershok Primary School. Then in February, after Youth Week and Training, she joined the team going to Karl Bremer Hospital, serving the Kangaroo Moms and the pediatric ward. She also was part of the team going to the SOS Children's Village. I think she grew a lot in her time in Cape Town. She seems much more comfortable with who she is and what she wants to do in life. She came here thinking she wanted to be a teacher, but I believe now she is thinking more about social work or child advocacy! I think she would be great at either! Here's a pic, Theres is the one in the middle, one of our other vols, Christi, is on the left and then hopefully y'all still recognize me!!! Theres you will be much missed!!!

No comments: